Friday, October 22, 2010

I Had A Choice Today And Chose The Vegetarian Meal: Mozzarella and Tomato Sandwich

Today at a conference I had the option of the following boxed lunch sandwiches:

  • Roast Beef
  • Smoked Turkey
  • Ham
  • Vegetarian
I asked the lady "What is in the vegetarian box?"
She told me "Mozzarella, basil and tomato sandwich".

Mozzarella? 
Mozzarella = strings

I took a shot and I liked it.
I am trying to switch to a "mostly vegetarian" diet slowly but surely.  I have a clause in my agreement that permits me to continue to eat Jerk Chicken no matter what.

So far I have tried:

  • Stir-Fried Vegetable and Tofu
  • Hummus, Pita and Vegetable Wrap

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try quinoa (pronounced keen-wah). It's a high quality vegetarian protein. Used like a grain (cous-cous, bulghur, millet, grits) but is really a seed. Very versatile, you can flavor it many different ways. You can even sweeten it a bit and have it for breakfast.

About quinoa on World's Healthiest Foods website.

It's good if you're cutting down on meat because it has most of the essential amino acids we need.

Olive

Anonymous said...

PS ... if you do decide to try it, rinse it well before cooking, according to directions. It has a natural coating on it that is bitter if not washed. It cooks up fast, in about 20 minutes.

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can create short links with AdFly and receive money for every click on your short urls.