Friday, April 9, 2010
My Journey To Cuba - Overview Part I
I have so much to talk about regarding my recent trip to the island paradise of Cuba.
I carried a notebook and digital camera to remind me about the salient points that I need to discuss.
All I can say is that Cuba is a land of contradictions. Some surprisingly good and others terminally bad.
I have decided to break my posts down into a series of posts over time using the following structure:
* Motivations For My Trip
* Great You Found Your Passport - Did You Check To See If It Had Expired?
* My Trip To The Bahamas And To Cuba
* The Return Trip
A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF CUBA
* Contrasts w/ Jamaica, Bahamas, Trinidad and Puerto Rico
* Automobiles and Pollution
Politics and Nationalism
* Cuban Elections
* The Police State
* Abundance Of Propaganda - "Remember The Alamo"
* US Embassy - The Most Protected Building In Cuba - To Prevent Defection
* Cuban Food
* Sports - Sandlot Baseball
* The Personality Of The People
* Spanish Language
* Idle Time and Long Lines
* Blacks, Whites and Mulattoes
* Educational System
* Standard of Beauty In Advertising
* Where The People Live
* Juan - The Horse Tour Guide And His Crackers
* Exchange Rate
* Interaction with Two Worlds
* Grocery Store Choices
* Permanent Revolution
* The Impact of Opening Cuba
The Great Debates
* Me versus 3 Anti-America Americans
* My Friend - Socialism Is In America Already
* A Conversation With A Bohemian At The Airport
* The US Customs Inspector