This year has been an amazing year as I constantly battled critters who sought to invade my house or eat all of the fruit from my trees.
Thus far I have fought against:
- Deer who eat my pears and my plants
- Crows who ate the pears that were too high up for the deer
- Squirrels who ate my few apples
- A Turtle who walked across my lawn and didn't appreciate me trying to take him back to the lake
- Ants who capitalized on my failure to put down seasonal ant control this year
- Big spiders who I had never seen before
- Yellow jackets that made their nest next to the flower pot at my front door
Add to this list - WASPS in my basement.
I mistakenly left the top window pane of one of my windows in the basement cracked by about an inch after cleaning them. This one oversight allowed a family of wasps to construct what was to be their winter-time home in my basement.
As I sat on my exercise bench, talking on the phone - I looked up and saw a nest inside of my house, on the window but hidden by the closed blinds that I have on the window.
Thank goodness for chemicals.