Thursday, July 2, 2009

Who The Hell Eats Kraft Seven Seas - Green Goddess Dressing?


I have to admit an obsession of mine. When ever I travel I try to go to a local grocery store and purchase fruit to eat for the night rather than eating some fattening meal at a local restaurant. I also check for the availability of two items that I used to have access to when I was growing up in Philadelphia:

  • Herr's Barbque Potato Chips
  • Kraft Seven Seas CREAMY Italian Dressing

Several years ago Kraft either purchased the "Seven Seas" company or consolidated the brand underneath their own brand. Either way my favorite bottled dressing got harder to come by, especially after I moved down South.

Here is how the engagement goes - first I get my fruits. Then the salad dressing isle is usually the next isle or the isle after. Either they don't sell the "Seven Seas" brand at all OR I see a bottle that looks deceivingly like the Creamy Italian style dressing. When I get up close - 9 times out of 10 in the South - it is this "Green Goddess" style and not the Creamy Italian.

When I do find the Creamy Italian - I usually purchase 3 bottles and put them in my suitcase for the flight home.

I have NEVER gone to someone's house and they had "Green Goddess" dressing as a selection.


Wait a minute! Amazon now sells the Creamy Italian version in a 6 pack. Problem might be solved.

No comments: